Linking a phone number to your Aadhar makes your life easier in many ways, including account opening with Arihant. It automatically uploads your pre-verified address proof and PAN card on the eKYC portal making your account opening process a breeze.
Would you like to do it right away? If you are registering a mobile number for the first time you will have to drop into an Aadhar EnrolmentCentre. But we promise it will be worth the visit.
- Step 1: Find your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center by clicking on this link.
- Step 2: Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form with your active phone number.
- Step 3: Submit the form, provide your biometrics for authentication, and pay the charges.
- Step 4: You will receive an acknowledgment slip with an Update Request Number (URN). You can track the status of your application by calling the Aadhar helpline 1947.
But don’t worry, you can still open an account with Arihant if your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhar. All you need to do is fill up this form and submit it with the required documents to your nearest Arihant branch.
Once your Aadhar is linked to your phone number you can open an online account with Arihant.
Hurry up and Grab a Copy of these Documents:
- One photograph
- Account Opening Form filled and signed at all the ‘√’ marked places in the form
- PAN card
- Aadhar Card for address proof (You can see alternate documents address proofs below)
- Bank proof (any one of the following documents)
- Canceled cheque
- Copy of bank passbook, bank statement
- Bank verification letter
- Do you want to trade in derivatives? You will need to submit one of the following as an income proof
|Copy of ITR acknowledgment||Salary slip|
|Copy of annual accounts||Latest bank account statement for the last 6 months|
|Copy of form 16 in case of salary income||Copy of Demat account holding statement|
|Net worth certificate||Any other relevant documents substantiating ownership of assets|
If your Aadhar card is not available, you can use any of the following as address proof:
- Any government issued ID card: passport/ voter ID card/ ration card/ driving license.
- Registered lease or sale agreement of residence/ flat maintenance bill/ home insurance policy.
- Latest utility bills like landline telephone bills, electricity, and gas bill.
- Latest bank account statement/passbook
- If you are a high court or supreme court judge you can send a self-declaration giving the new address.
- Proof of address issued by any of the following: bank managers of scheduled commercial banks/ scheduled co-operative bank/ multinational foreign banks/ gazetted officer/ notary public/ elected representatives to the Legislative Assembly/ Parliament/ Documents issued by any govt. or statutory authority.
- Identity card/ document with address issued by any of the following
- Central/state government and its departments
- Statutory/ regulatory authorities, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, public financial institutions, colleges affiliated with universities, and professional bodies such as ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI, bar council, etc., to their members.
- For FII/ sub-account, the Power of Attorney given by FII/sub-account to the Custodians (which are duly notarized and/or apostilled or consul raised) that gives the registered address should be taken.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to submit any additional documents for the mobile number update?
No, you don’t need to submit any additional documents for updating your mobile number.
How much time will it take to update the mobile number with Aadhar?
It may take up to 90 days for the mobile number to update, meanwhile, you can open an account with Arihant online.
Can I link multiple phone numbers with my Aadhar card?
No, you can link only one phone number to your Aadhar, which can be used for availing of Aadhar services.